Sunday, May 25, 2014

Last Days.....Last Reflections......Last Mercy Ships Blog (for now) :)



Our "Admission Team" - Love YOU ALL!!!


Job Well Done........Day Crew Celebration.....Receiving their Mercy Ship Certificates and Health Care Education Certificates


Last Celebration at the Senior Center




Many End of the Outreach Celebrations! 


Tons of Fun Celebrating with the Day Crew.....I love the Congolese Music and Dancing!!


Oh my.....I will miss my Mercy Ship Daughters!
I LOVE YOU Gals!!

 My First Bunkmate.....Lovely Betsy drew this for us......As I woke each morning.....I sat up in bed and read this :)

 AWE!!! Completion!!.......
I pray that God is smiling and saying...................
 "Well done Good and Faithful Servant"

I've been blessed to have played an active role in Mercy Ships. 

In  the last 9 months, I’ve had much time to See, Learn, Love and Grow and come to the reality that my life is not about me it is about glorifying God in all I do. I’ve been blessed with the safety of being surrounded with people primarily concerned with the spiritual matters, with daily Christian encouragement and fellowship and serving with people who have a world perspective. 
Through the Grace and Mercy of God I put my faith and hope in the promises of scripture and walk with God. I pray for straighter paths as Proverbs 3:5-6 says:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own   understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths”. 
I pray for endurance to run the “race of life” with discipline and self-control. 
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us” (Hebrews 12:1) 
and I am assured this is the way of life because.....
 “We know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28)
I praise you Oh Lord for choosing me. I am so thankful for the grace, mercy, love and kindness that you have surrounded me within these last 9 months. I am so blessed to have served on this amazing ship and witnessed so much transformation with crew, patients, families and people from the local culture. 
Oh Lord, I witnessed first hand exactly what miracles can occur for those who put their trust in you. 
Oh Lord, I pray and ask that you continue to guide me and put those people in my life that choose to run the race with me!! 
Oh Lord, I am so appreciative that you have cleansed me and released me from my prior poor choices. I pray that you continue to fill me with your light and that my actions will glorify you. 
As I move forward and consider returning to Mercy Ships, I  pray that you will guide me and show me where you need me. I realize Oh Lord, you are here for me every step of the journey, and there is a season of life for everything.....you have been with me for this season of transition and now I move on to working for you Oh Lord! Show me the way and what you would like me to do. 
Oh Lord, thank you for your promises of never leaving me or forsaking me!
"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, But I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it, but one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining to what is ahead, I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenwards in Christ Jesus. All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. Only let us live up to what we have already attained" 
Philippians 3:12-16

Finally Brethren..........
What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, do; and the God of peace will be with you” 
(Phil 4:8-90)


THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS, SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT DURING THIS AWESOME JOURNEY!!


Next stop...................Journeying with these two lovely ladies to Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbawe & South Africa! 


No comments:

Post a Comment