Monday, April 28, 2014

Out and About in the Congo!!!



"I am because we are"

I have learned over and over on this adventure that we are all  in this "life" together!

The joy that "giving" brings is so amazing!!
Sometimes it is money, sometimes it is love, sometimes it is food, & sometimes it is just giving of my time & attention!

It all puts life into a much better perspective for me :)




There is always a reason to celebrate......Birthdays, Going Away's, etc


PRAISE GOD for Healing and Transformation!!!
I could share hundreds of these pictures of smiling faces!!






Learning to cook SaskaSaska (sp?) :)
Full of yummy ingredients.............greens, peppers, onions, eggplant, garlic, fish, peanut butter
and 3/4 bottle of palm oil!!
I've been eating this the whole time I've been here thinking that it was so healthy......then, when we were cooking it I had to add the palm oil and realized it was not so healthy after all!!......Still Yummy!

Maren and I had to put on our "cooking" clothes First!

Below...........Helping Erika de-bone the fish!

It is an all day affair cooking the SaskaSaska! Many ingredients that are added at various times!
So, in the meantime we sat around and sang African Songs and took funny pictures :)














The Kitchen
Mamma Olga has invited us to her home on many occasions. Each time we go there she gives us gifts......dresses, jewelry, and always feeds us!!
I made her this collage :)


Another Beautiful Sunset in the Congo!


Helped with the purchase of a sewing machine to help one of the ladies gain some independence. Lots of fun going to the grand marche to make the purchase :)



Fun at the Orphanage!


I love these purses.......two of my roommates.....Hannah & Martha!


Stopped by one of our friends families home to get fitted for a dress. WOW......imagine hand washing all of your clothes! 

Lovely People!!! I so enjoy their company!! 
If I could only speak more French :)......I do lots of smiling and hugging!


 I love these French Pastries!!


Another Saturday afternoon visiting!!!
It does not surprise me that my "visiting" always includes food!!
These packets are filled with fish, seasonings and vegetables.


I am on a mission to taste all the "Mamma's" SaskaSaska recipes......
They each put in a few different ingredients.



Awesome Lunch made by my friend Anne Marie :)



 AWE!!!! Life is Good!!



No comments:

Post a Comment