Monday, January 27, 2014

PURE JOY!!!!


MA MOTOUNDO!!

My new Congolese Name that these Beautiful Seniors Gave Me!!
It Means: One who is Thankful!!!



This was an incredibly, AWESOME couple of hours spent in the Congo!!!
This was at the Senior Center........Many walk here everyday to have some fun while there families are away at work.....Some families drop them off for the day......All I know is that I was so fortunate to have the opportunity to spend time with them!........
My new Every Other Wednesday Plan......SENIOR CENTER!!


 Top:  Ma singing us a song she wrote sharing her Thankfulness for Mercy Ships!

Bottom: Ma sharing some WISDOM on how to raise children!



STORY TIME



LOADS OF FUN!!

When Andrea told us this was the plan.....I thought she was CRAZY.....I did not believe they would be able to do!!!.........I was amazed at how good they were at this!!!!








Oh my Gosh....These MEN were so FUNNY!!!!





WOW!!!!!









It is all about Singing and Dancing in the Congo!!!!


"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope" Romans 15:13

Please pray for my brother Ronnie, his kidneys haves failed and he is requiring Dialysis. I am on my way home to be with him and pray that Our Lord will surround him and give him comfort and healing. 

God has said,

Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you 
(Heb 13:56)

"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carriers them close to His heart". (Isa 40:11)

"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear: I will help you." (Isa 41:13)

"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." (Zeph 3:17)

(Thank you Bianca for reminding me of these beautiful promises from God!! )

So I sit here in a hotel room in Ethiopia.....with 2 new Mercy Ship friends.....we missed our connecting flights and landed at the Beshale Hotel for 24 hours!......Stacy has graciously mapped out  day of touring the city with plans to visit some cathedrals and a Mosque!!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this post and I'm SO thankful that we were able to share share that wonderful memory together at the senior center! I'm sorry to hear that your connecting flights were missed but am glad that you are making the most of it by visiting some sights around Ethiopia! I hope you have a wonderful time! Missing you already!

    Love,

    Charissa

    ReplyDelete