Monday, November 25, 2013

WE are LIFE!!!........WE are an EXPRESSION OF GOD!!



I have truly realized that I am on an........
Adventure of a Lifetime!!


I am AMAZED at this beautiful world that God has created!.......the people, the sunsets, the mountains, the terrain, the animals, the oceans........yet also recognize There is a job to be done, there are needs to be met.........
I am Learning that we need to:
                        Come Beside & Partner with "The World"

..............knowing that all over the world there is corruption, selfishness and greed

Come along side and help those in need :)


On the journey......”Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all else will be added to you”

I am learning this to be so true.....when I seek God first in all that I do......my life turns into a awesome adventure!



Demographics that are taken on admission include:

Water source: 
Wells , streams, river, lake, rainwater

Toilette Facilites: 
Flush....into pit, septic tank or sewer
Pit latrine......standard, open or with slab
NO facility, or bush, field, or hanging latrine

Healthcare;
What has prevented you from having your disease treated so far?
Treatment would have been too expensive
No surgeon was available
I was concerned about the quality of care
I did not have transportation
The distance to care was too far
I was needed at work
A spouse or family member would not allow access to care

Assets
Refrigerator, motorcycle, car, radio, television, telephone, electricity
Livestock: Sheep, goats, chickens, cows

What is your floor made of:
Earth.........dirt........ mud...... wood.......cement

Are you able to read:
No, yes or individual words

We saw the answers to some of these questions as we ventured into the country on a Saturday afternoon. 
I can remember my Mom and Dad "going for a ride" on the weekends.....I imagine this is a little different then what they saw :)




Kitchen.....this is where all the cooking is done



I am not sure if this floor is made of earth, dirt or mud???



Most have cell phones...phone numbers are listed on the outside of their homes



Laundry Facilities



This is our friends place that she goes to for the "Holiday" She was raised here. It is closed up during the week they come here on the weekend to relax.


WE are ALL ONE.......WE are ALL the Body of God!












Our Taxi drivers get to go on the "Adventure" with us......Many have not traveled out of the city nor seen the beautiful beaches and rivers




One Big Happy Family!!!......All God's People!

I am getting a taste for the Congolese Food!




 Many ways of cooking......Great Seasoned Fish are cooked in these leaves!


Kurt....not sure if you are reading this but I stuck this picture of the pepper in for you!


The boy climbed this huge mango tree in a matter of minutes and shook the limbs and down came the mangos!!!



Cassava.......Big ole Hunk of Starch!!! Yummy!!!....Pull it apart (it is like paste) and then dip in the fish juice!!!


Plantains!
These were a gift to us from the family in the village



Stocking up on fruits from the village....All in the back of the Taxi!
We have found out that "everything" can go in the back of a taxi, including animals and furniture!


Dried Fish........Rehydrate before cooking



 1
I love these packets of Fish


 Few more memories of a Great Day in the Country with Great Friends!



I get my hands on these babies every chance I get!!
 Momma and Baby





Entrance into the Village







 Great Times...yet had to say a few more "GoodByes" these past few weeks.........








Friends from Holland, Canada, Switzerland & Scotland

Good Bye Until Next Time..........



Those at home.....Don't forget about me......jot me a line from time to time and let me know how you are doing! kwagz44@yahoo.com
:)










No comments:

Post a Comment